Innovation Connections, LLC
Connecting Needs with Possibilities
Innovation Connections offers executive coaching, leadership development and consulting services enabling both innovation leaders and innovation-driven organizations to succeed. Top business leaders and technologists attain their career ambitions with game-changing influence strategies, skills and insights. Organizations that rely on innovation for their success, establish the long-term innovation strategies fueling strategic growth. For more information, please see Who We Serve and What Makes IC Different.
Mary E. Carethers, President & CEO
Executive Coach & Innovation Consultant for Innovation Leaders
A visionary pioneer, Mary Carethers earned a reputation as a trailblazer at Procter & Gamble for her leadership, candor, and demand for excellence. Known for “making innovation happen,” she redefined the standards of performance with an established track record of creating multi-year transformational innovation pipelines. As Global Vice President, Research & Development she was responsible for $3.5B, and led more than 300 scientists and engineers.
Highly Successful Business & Technology Leader
Mary’s insistence on scientific rigor and groundbreaking innovation tied to strategic growth led to the following achievements:
- She led the strategy, development and launch to market of more than 60 new product lines including 12 new technology or consumer target platforms delivering over $1B incremental sales over 3 categories.
- Filing 24 patents across Beauty Care Personal Cleansing and Pharmaceuticals.
“Thank you for setting such high standards. Your high standards and expectations have helped transform the R&D (Research & Development) technical rigor as well as create such a strong FEI (Front End Innovation) and innovation program.”
– Russ Logue, Associate Director, Procter & Gamble
Proven Talent Developer
Mary took a leading role mentoring and coaching professionals throughout the organization. Her accomplishments include:
- Coached 60 individuals to corporate or executive levels, many through multiple advancements. Her coaching also led to 20 scientists/engineers advancing up the technical track.
- As a strong diversity leader, mentoring and sponsoring a multitude of individuals across research and development including African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, and women.
- Becoming the first African-American woman to attain Associate Director, Director, and VP levels (broke glass ceilings) in R&D.
Ms. Carethers also impacted results in the US and on a global level; leading R&D organizations and delivering initiatives in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
“Thank you for setting the bar high. Even more, thank you for reaching back to pull us over it.” – William Gipson, Sr., VP R&D Global Hair Care & Color, Chief Diversity Officer, Procter & Gamble
- 2008 Women of Color All-Stars of Technology Award by Women of Color Magazine
- 2007 Cosmetic Executive Women’s Beauty Insider’s Choice Awards for Olay Ribbons Body Wash. (Mary led this product’s conception, development and launch.) As the industry’s highest honor, this award recognizes the most innovative beauty products of the year.
- Certified Executive Coach, Center for Executive Coaching
- Professional Certified Coach, International Coach Federation